Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 60

The I-600 application that Eric filed in Ghana, is said to take 30-60 days to process. Today it has been 60 days since it was filed. Without any communication from the Emb@ssy, I can only conclude they are still processing it. Or not. Who knows.

I walk around with a knot in my stomach despite the joy that comes from the Christmas season. I have a lump in my throat that I keep from turning into tears by focusing on work, holiday preparations, staying off the computer (which I am NOT good at) and prayer. There is nothing in the adoption training courses that prepares for these emotions. You just have to live through it to know it. And now we know.

My sweet little ones, I know you will have a family (again) soon, but right now that day seems like a distant dream. To have something this monumental so out of our control feels cruel and impossible. God's timing is perfect and according to His plan. I can't wait to get on African soil again and tell you that we are a family:)

1 comment:

  1. That time is so hard. You are doing all the right things...God takes the perfect amount of time to help prepare all of your hearts for the difficult (and joyful) times to come. :0) Praying you through this season of waiting as well...

    ReplyDelete