Saturday, October 29, 2011

Goodbyes part 2

Right now, as I am typing this, Eric is saying his goodbyes to our children. I know that he is ready to come home, but he would rather arrive with our children in his arms, than to return them to their orphanage. It has been a week or extreme highs and lows. It's been a week of natural disasters and an opportunity to bless people he didn't know just a few days ago. God orchestrated events that will forever be in our hearts. Saying goodbye for the second time is hard. No, it's impossible. He has a tough task ahead of him and I know he will be devastated.

After a week of blurry iPhone pictures and skype calls in a dark hotel room, I am ready to hold my husband and have him tell me about his adventures. I also can't wait to speak in full sentences with him, as the skype connection worked best if we spoke just a few words at a time.Not complaining though, as I heard and saw our children every day and the day I heard "Mommy I love you" from both of them, I decided that the person who invented skype was my new best friend:)

As I spoke with Eric late last night Ghana time when he returned from the Christ Outreach Orphanage, I could tell that his love for Ghana and its people has deepened. It's easy to ignore the orphan, the poor and the outcast when they are just statistics. Now they have names, faces and families. I can't wait to see what God has in store for him. For us.

1 comment:

  1. wonderful. i know how anxious you must be to have your husband home. i can't wait to hear more details of his journey.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete