Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's hard to ask for help...

I have felt incredibly blessed to say that God has provided amazingly throughout this adoption journey. We started with modest savings, but with working overtime (mostly Eric) and living extremely frugally, we have written every check as it became due. We don't take credit for this, it's all God. Then someone stepped in to bless us in an amazing way. Once again, thank you God.

But the other side of this type of provision is, that I am uncomfortable asking for help, to raise funds or to admit that I can't do it all on my own. It's pride, and I readily admit it.

Right now, we are unable to work any extra as our jobs are slow for the rest of the year. Our savings are depleted. We need to be ready at a moments notice to make travel arrangements to pick up our children in Ghana when all their paperwork is processed. More than likely this will be right around the holiday season, the most expensive time of the year to travel. 2 round trip tickets and 2 one way tickets = more money than we have.

So I am setting my pride aside and asking for help. We are in the process of finalizing some fund raising opportunities, but in the mean time I would like to ask that you would pray for our family. I don't want to act out of anxiety or fear, but find a way for those who have asked "how can I help?" along the way to be a part of our journey.



Lastly, I was just going through my summer photos, and I found this one:






Notice how Emmi's hair is all wet? This picture was taken just moments after she was baptized. In the midst of a long summer of waiting, God gave us wonderful memories to cherish.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture and caption of it. Praying God's blessings rain (reign) abundantly in your life & your adoption journey.

    ReplyDelete