Friday, January 27, 2012

Faith of a Child

Jake (now 7) is beyond excited to have his "twin from Africa" as he refers to Kofi in our family. Both children are part of his every day life and he will talk about them in a same way he talks about his big sister. His teachers tell me he shares with everyone how he will teach them English "but not the bad words" and how he will show them the computer or whatever he is doing.

Tonight, his prayer was the sweetest. I sense the same ache in his heart as I have had for the past 8 months.

"Dear Jesus. Thank you for helping me behave today. All I want is my brother and sister to be in our family, so they don't have to be hungry or thirsty. Please get their passports ready soon. Amen"

Sweet boy, he knows who to go to. I love his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment