Monday, May 21, 2012

Sharing our Adoption Story

After Kofi and Agyeiwaa joined our family, it was pretty obvious to those around us how our family came together. The children don't share my pasty white complexion and they still have their exotic West African accents. I have loved sharing about adoption and our story with many people that have asked about us. And every time I know that this journey was a calling that brought two children in need of a family together with a family who needed them probably even more.



Last Sunday, our pastor shared our adoption story during Mother's Day services. He asked us questions ahead of time and I prayed that each answer reflected our hearts accurately.. He told the story beautifully, focusing on our journey more than our children's story. It wasn't a story about how great we are for adopting, but how this journey has changed our lives. For the better.


In hearing him tell our story and in reflecting  on everything that happened, I know that I needed this. All of this. Even the tough days when I feel like I can't be everything to every child. In caring for my family, I get to witness how God heals hearts, how he makes something beautiful out of tragedy. We are slowly finding a new normal and now find ourselves wondering: what's next? We just can't live life as it was, for ourselves. Our eyes have been opened...

1 comment:

  1. oooh, goosebumps. I can't wait to hear more...I'd love to chat sometime about dreaming big for God!!

    ReplyDelete