Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Travel Plans




I never thought I would be saying this right after our home study was finished: WE ARE TRAVELING TO GHANA!!! I just bought our plane tickets and we get to visit the country our child(ren) come from. The Ghana dossier is extremely simple to compile compared to other countries and we have that ready to go. I originally thought we might travel later this summer, but due to some limitation of scheduling on the Ghana side, we decided to travel now before our children are done with school. Their regular routine keeps them busy at home and then we can enjoy a long summer together while waiting for more progress on the adoption.

Please keep us in your prayers as we prepare for a lot of unknowns. I don't leave my children very often, so we are all dealing with those emotions. I also know it will be extremely difficult to leave Ghana without knowing when we will be back. So while I am beyond thrilled to go, I'm just keeping it real here that I need prayers to sort all of my feelings out.

I hope once we return, I can finally talk more about our adoption details. The time has not been right to share anything here yet.

<3 jenni

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I'm so excited for you! I know how nervous I was traveling to ET, and I knew we were bringing our children home. We will be praying for you, your nerves, your travels, and your children here at home!

    ReplyDelete